Monday 30 January 2012

Norway, Part 2 of ......

Yup, you have guessed it, the weather is still stinking here, and so the camera has not been in action, so I am reverting to the back up plan of continuing to slag off Norway........ So keep smiling through gritted teeth you Noggies out there !

Angel of the North


Speaking of weather, I do not know what it is like in your part of the World, but do your Forecasters get it so spectacularly wrong as ours ? In the recent forecasts we have been laughably been given, they have kept on referring to the "Northern Lights" being able to be seen across the North of Scotland....Oh Yeah ? I didn't realise that this phenomenon had the ability to be seen through a 10,000 ft thick cloud layer, interspersed with a touch of fog and a torrent of precipitation. Weather Forecasting is a nice job if you can get it I guess, as its the only one I know, where you get paid no matter what shite you spout, and how wrong your predictions are....whoops, I forgot about Politicians, who also have the added ability to lie through their teeth, and get paid expenses for doing so.....

The Church at Malloy Shipyard

Anyway, back to Norway, just in case you Natives had thought that my rambling had taken another direction, and you had escaped any possible onslaught.....
Actually today, I am going to be very complimentary to the Norwegian Medical Services, especially the ones who attended to the Poor Guy who was having a suspected Heart attack, just before the Boat sailed out on sea trial after the Shipyard work (He must have been worrying about the quality of the work he saw done to the Vessel, and therefore thought, bugger that, I'm not going out on that Boat !). About two minutes after the Emergency call was made, what can only be described as Two Baywatch Wannabees appeared, in beautifully tailored and form fitting coveralls, with their blond hair neatly tied up to show the sensuous curve of their neck...sorry about that, I'm getting a little carried away here ! Now don't take me wrong, but I thought that especially when treating a potential heart attack victim, the whole idea was to keep the Victim's heart rate low, and calm.....well there wasn't a lot of that happening when they appeared is all I can say. However, in about 5 minutes flat, they had the Guy wired in, and plugged up, to some fancy kind of machine that went beep (or not much beep, in his case !), and began streaming his failing heart beat through the airwaves down to Oslo, where presumably, some equally glamourous person in an awesomely beautifully tailored White Coat took one look at the results and then ordered a Chopper....amazing is all I can say, within 32 minutes he was in a Helicopter heading to Bergen, where I am glad to say he made a full recovery.

Malloy Slipway


So the moral of the story is that if your Heart succumbs to the Norwegian crap diet of Pizza, Hot Dogs and Rotten fish (did I not tell you about the Fish ?), then you can rest assured you will be swiftly and efficiently dealt with by the Norwegian Medical Service, who are only populated by People good looking enough to be on a show of Gray's Anatomy ....... NHS eat your heart out.

The Bow

Today, the photo's are all Black and White. The reason being that in a very flat or cloudy light its sometimes the only way you (or certainly Me) can make an image pop a little, and see the detail in what seems to be the ordinary. Obviously it it can also be a neat way of creating atmosphere, especially within an Industrial setting.....Dark satanic mills etc. The only post processing in these examples was to crop a little, and play a smidgeon with the contrast.
If anyone is interested, the full size and high definition photos in this Blog are available here to purchase in many ways, shapes or formats, with the product being able to be shipped anywhere in the World (within reason !)....End of advert !


Later.....

14 comments:

  1. Hello P - thanks for stopping by and leaving such a delightful comment.

    Needless to say, here I am reading back through several of your posts, instead of cleaning the bathroom which is at the top of my 'todo' list this morning. GREAT images, and hilarious travel experiences..............when time permits I'll be back to read more.

    Hate to tell you about the weather here - 60 degrees under our Carolina Blue skies - an incredible/unusual Winter to date with nothing much wintry going on. My niece is at Glasgow Uni. so I know what weather you are handed at this time of year in Scotland. Hang in there - perhaps by July it will warm up! I was in Edinburgh last May - very windy but so beautiful.

    Happy day - Mary (A Breath of Fresh Air)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, Thankyou for that weather forecast !! Appreciate the comment. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Lovely shots as always, I really want to visit Norway despite the food. Our weather forecasters usually get it right. Today: sunny. Tomorrow: mostly sunny. The next day: sunny. It's the occasional snowstorms that move through (a few times each winter) that they never seem to get right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Al, Sunny, sunny and sunny....it can't be that bad eh ?

      Delete
  3. Amazing photography and wonderful threads of humour throughout your blog posts. Really enjoyable reads. Thanks for dropping by for a visit on my side of the world. I am reliant on the likes of Picnik to aid me in the art of photography but surely I will learn a lesson or more through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments from Quebec. I hope you ontinue to enjoy the rambles.

      Delete
  4. Hi ... thanks for stopping by! Interesting mono shots! Great blog too :o)

    Hilsen fra Irene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Irene, I am not sure what I should now say to a Norwegian, especially with part 3 surfacing at some point !!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thats appreciated, and thankyou. The pictures in your Bog are amazing.

      Delete
  6. Nice B&W shots...and very interesting narrative...U R funny....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol, I appreciate that someone somewhere actually finds me funny !

      Delete
  7. I really like the boat shot and the 'Angel of the North', haha. Great story too. A (blog)friend of mine is currently trying to emigrate to Norway. I'm torn. Shall I point her towards your blog? Or not? Nah, perhaps not. I don't think she's interested in the pony tailed beauties who come and rescue you if you're dying from the crap diet.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolina, Thanks for your comment, and tell your Friend NO !!!

    ReplyDelete