Saturday 11 July 2009

Flower Power

I had the misfortune of having my Birthday while I was away on the Boat this last trip, I say misfortune, for 2 reasons, the 1st because I am getting old, and consequently increasingly wrinkly, and hair is beginning to come out of my nose, and the 2nd because I had to endure a Boat Birthday cake. This Boat Birthday cake is now something of a tradition on our Ship, a tradition where the Cook attempts to make sure you don't see your next Birthday due to the large number of Calories, and obscene amounts of cholesterol it contains.
Anyway, as usual I digress, as the point I was trying to make was that on my return Home, My Wife had bought me a present...a Nikon digital SLR, and wow is all I can say, as it puts my previous wee instamatic thingy completely in the shade. This now means anyone who is bored enough to find, and even read my ramblings are now going to also be assaulted by my happy snapper experiments starting with Flowers..... as seen below.
Of course there was another 2nd more devious reason that My Wife gave me a camera such as this, and that is that I know she really, secretly needs me, and the reason I know this, is that I carry her camera gear around. This is her big (and I mean big), hobby, and consequently she has a lot of stuff, most of which is heavy, bulky and awkward, with lenses the length and size of which, you could have probably photographed Neil Armstrong stepping onto the moon from a seat in your garden, supping a cool glass of vino at the same time. I have absolutely no idea what half these lenses and cameras do, but I am intimately acquainted with all of them, as I'm the bugger who lugs them around, unless I have something more pressing to be doing....like seeing a Dentist.
So by giving me a camera and introduction into her hobby, she is now guaranteed a Sherpa for life, as I now have no excuse not to go out, and while I'm out with her, then I may as well continue to carry around her kit....sneaky eh ? Being a typical Man, I have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.....just how shallow am I ?

Little does she know, that she is getting dragged to the Classic car show at Glamis this weekend, just so that I can use my new camera...of course !



Yellow Flower




Deep Pink and Yellow Flower



Another Pinky Flower



Blue Flower with Bee



Yet another Pink Flower



Red, white and yellow Flower



Yellow pointy Flower

Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment